Faculty of Engineering and Design: Grade 12 Math, English, Chemistry, Physics and one other academic subject; an overall average of 70% minimum.
Faculty of Business and Entrepreneurship: Grade 12 Math, English and any 2 subjects chosen from Social Studies, Languages or Sciences, and one other academic course; an overall average of 70% minimum.
Faculty of Science and Innovation: Grade 12 Math, English, 2 Sciences and one other academic course; an overall average of 70% minimum.
Please note: For students who may be missing a subject required for admission into a speciﬁc faculty, or for those requiring a transition program to university from high school, the UPEI Cairo Campus is prepared to provide a pathway which will allow students to attend either a foundation course (s) or admission into a Gateway Program.
- Transcript of grades 10, 11 and 12
General Certificate of Education (GCE/ IGCSE)
- Engineering and Science: 5 ‘O’ level in the appropriate subjects and 1 AS level in Math (minimum grade of B).
- Business: 5 ‘O’ levels in the appropriate subjects with a minimum grade of B in Math
International Baccalaureate (IB)
- An IB diploma with 3 courses at the higher level (HL) and 3 courses at the standard level (SL): no grades below a ‘4’ (IB)
- IB Minimum Score: 24.
American High School Diploma
- Presentation of completed high school diploma from a recognized academic grade 12
- At least 4 different subjects at matriculation level must be presented within the diploma
- Only 1 course may be used for admission purposes from the grade 11 level.
- SAT and ACT scores are not required for admission but may be used for admission reference
Canadian High School Diploma
- Successful completion of Grade 12 examinations in a University Preparatory Program
- Overall average of at least 70% (75% for Quebec Secondary V students)
- Certificate of grade 10,11,12
- Minimum GPA 11 is required for admission
Advanced Placement (AP)
- A maximum of three transfer credits will be awarded on a case by case basis for AP exams successfully completed with a minimum grade of 4.
- Applicants should provide detailed course description and official test results for transfer credit assessment.